Are you and your fiance planning on writing your own wedding vows? Are you totally lost? Read below to find out how to write memorable vows for your special day!
It may sound cheesy, but you need to speak from the heart. Ask yourself the following questions, and let your heart do the talking.
- What did you think of your fiance when you first met?
- What made you make the decision to get married to him/her?
- What makes him/her desirable to you?
- What are some of your best memories together?
- What makes you sure that you can spend the rest of your life with him/her?
- What do you see for yourselves in the future?
- What promises can you make to him/her?
Let those questions and the emotions that they stir up guide your writing. And keep in mind the following things:
Don’t be generic; be SPECIFIC! The worst thing that you can do for your vows is say things like “your love is magical” or “you had me at hello” the whole time. Talk about things that are specific to your relationship. Make it as personal as you can.
Keep it short and sweet. There might be a million things you want to say to your future spouse, but the altar is no place to ramble. Say the things that you feel are most important.
Don’t be afraid to show your sensitive side. This is no time to hold back your emotions! Say how you feel and again, speak from your heart.